10 Points You Need to Include In Private Label, Bulk Wine and Spirits Distribution Agreements
When getting involved in the private label or bulk wine and spirits market, it’s important to know exactly what you are contractually obligated to provide or receive as part of any agreement.
When getting involved in the private label or bulk wine and spirits market, it’s important to know exactly what you are contractually obligated to provide or receive as part of any distribution agreement.
According to Donna H. Hartman, Esq., these distribution agreements can vary in scope, depending on the exact service being provided.
For example, a private label agreement will have a slightly different focus than a custom crush agreement. And a custom crush agreement will have a slightly different focus than a bulk purchase agreement. To give an overall sense of the types of legal and contractual issues that might arise between buyer and seller, Hartman reviews a set of 10 essential points that should be included as part of any distribution agreement:
1. A clear definition of the parties involved – While any distribution agreement is essentially between a “buyer” and a “seller,” the specific type of buyer or seller can vary widely. For example, different types of sellers can include producers, suppliers, bottlers, growers, and vineyards.
BTN Premium Content
BTN Premium Members, please Log In to access the complete Webinar.
Not a member? Please Sign Up now and choose your Premium plan.
BTN membership gives you full access to articles and webinars on BTN + other benefits like:
- Full Access to BTN Consultants
- Full Access to Buying Leads
- Post Unlimited Brands
- Full Access to all Articles and Webinars
- Full Access to BTN Live conferences presentations and speaker sessions
- Discounted rates to exhibit at major partner events and conferences
- And Much More...
Your BTN Membership will reduce your trial and error time: Why experiment with your branding and distribution when you can fast-track your time to success? Get 'How to do it' content which will help you improve your sales and grow your distribution. Just one article can help you make better decisions and improve your distribution strategy. View Plans Now