Bird Wines, premium wines from New Zealand looking for distributors in USA and Importers Globally
At “Bird” we believe quality is ultimately derived from decisions made and actions taken in the vineyard.
“This traditional, purist environment is about the culture of winemaking and putting your money where your heart is. I have always been impressed and inspired by family wine businesses that have stood the test of time. We have a number of them in New Zealand, but not nearly enough.”
Steve Bird Winery & Vineyards Limited is proud to be accredited to Sustainable Winegrowing New Zealand.
USA history and capability (Brand already imported in US and Looking for State Distributors)
• Steve Bird has a long standing and successful history in the US market
• As New Zealand wines gained international prominence and interest grew in the US, Steve was one of the early pioneers to export across the Pacific Ocean into California in the late 1990s
• Steve is well recognised and applauded by US wine critics
• Since selling Thornbury Wines and launching Steve Bird Wines the US has taken over 90 percent of the company’s annual production for the last 7 years
• Steve Bird Wines is currently selling in thirteen states across the US
• Steve Bird Wines has a Brand Manager based in Annapolis, Maryland and an office and inventory holdings in California
• The presence of a US based Brand Manager means there is a responsive and proactive support person on the ground, ready to assist in driving the brands growth
• Steve Bird Wines can supply wine FOB from California or NZ as they are set up in the US as their own importers
Steve Bird 2012 Big Barrel Pinot Noir
Rich, Voluptuous, The Silken Temptress
Cellaring: 4-6 years
Production: 1500 cases
Lively bright and clear. Medium red with a distinct purple hue at the edge. A complex perfumed bouquet dominated by red and black fruits, cherries and plums.
"Winemaker Steve Bird has been in the wine industry for almost 30 years and is regarded as one of the most accomplished winemakers in New Zealand. Establishing Steve Bird Winery & Vineyards in 2006, Steve says owning his own family vineyard is the ultimate"
Steve Bird 2012 Sauvignon Blanc
Zesty, Bright, Lively
Production: 3000 cases
Cellaring: 2-4 years
This is a classic Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc. Strong aromatic aromas of citrus and passionfruit lead to a crisp and vibrant palate with wonderful sweet herb influences. Layers of tropical fruit combine with the effects of barrel fermentation to create great intensity and persistence of flavour.
"Steve Bird Winery & Vineyards is deliberately geared towards the future and long term thinking. Steve and his wife Caroline’s two children Adriana and Patrick are already showing a keen interest in the business. The company’s brands are influenced strongly by their family heritage and their homeland – New Zealand"
Steve Bird 2012 Pinot Gris
Versatile, Delicate, Seductive
Production: 2000 cases
Cellaring: 3-5 years
Bright straw-yellow colour with the faintest hint of a blush. This has a tight, very aromatic, lifted nose with notes of white peaches, pears and minerals, the bouquet is very clear and fresh. Dry to taste, delicate flavours of white stonefruits and flowers with notes of perfume and spices.
"Solid support available with sales team support based in USA. Pick up location Napa, CA"