Seeking a seasoned national sales manager to drive growth.
Independent Wines Sales Rep - Orange County/Los Angeles County Area
Simply Stated Wines
09/10/2019Log in to Apply
Simply Stated Wines (“SSW”) is seeking a high-performing Independent (contract) Wine Sales Representative (“Sales Representative”) for its Orange and Los Angeles territory. The Sales Representative must possess significant ambition, be self-motivated and energetic and have a passion for sharing the wine of small vintner families from Italy, France and California.
The primary objectives of the Sales Representative are to increase points of distribution through the territory and increase sales. Ideally, the Sales Representative would have strong relationships already established within the territory and is looking to expand his/her current portfolio of wine offerings.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Develop and maintain an organized list of accounts in the territory (both on- and off-premise accounts)
• Call on accounts on an ongoing basis to review product sales and brand program priorities
• Follow Simply Stated Wines policies for gathering customer information forms, price quotations and availability of products to customers
• Develop new accounts through cold-calling on prospective new customers
• Work with customers and with SSW management to collect current and past due invoices
• Follow Alcoholic Beverage Control regulations where applicable
• Perform will-call activities when required (picking up and delivering product to consumer)
• Schedule and execute on premise winemaker dinners and/or off premise wine tastings
• Must be at least 21 years of age and able to lift 40 pounds
• Must own and operate a reliable car and have a clean driving record
• 3+ years with sales experience including heavily sourcing for new leads and face to face selling
• Excellent command of written and spoken English
• High level of professionalism and experience working with well-organized sales-oriented companies, preferably alcohol beverage distributor.
• Must be highly organized, have attention to detail, good time management ability and produce consistent results
• Must submit timely sales reports and follow sales procedures
• Must have excellent prioritization skills and the ability to work with several brands at once
• Must understand and implement individual brand goals as well as overall portfolio goals
• Considered a "closer" and can provide evidence to support direct sales achievements
Experience: Wine and Spirits Sales: 3 years (Preferred)
Education: Bachelor's (Preferred)
Location: Southern California Territory
About Simply Stated Wines: SSW is a California distributor of small vintner farmers and families from Italy, France and California.